Stichting Portaal van Vlaanderen
4538 AL Terneuzen
RSIN / Tax number
Objective of the foundation:
The foundation aims to promote public interest in hydraulic engineering works and maritime activities in and around the territory of the municipality of Terneuzen, and furthermore everything that is directly or indirectly related or conducive to this.It can be everything in the broadest sense of the word .
- The foundation tries to achieve its goal by:
- The collaboration with local authorities and tourism organizations.
- Providing information and information about traffic and water management in the port area.
- Maintaining an information centre at the lock complex of Terneuzen.
- Organizing exhibitions.
- Organizing guided tours and cruises.
The policy plan
Click here for the policy plan.
Board composition (as of 1-8-2020)
Gijs van den Berg – Chairman
Ko Dieleman – Vice-Chairman
Eric Kersten – Secretary
Peter Schoonakker – Treasurer
Betty Piessens – Board member
Melis Knuyt – Board member
Gerard Verbeke – Board member
The members of the board do not receive any remuneration for their work. They are entitled to an allowance for the costs incurred by them in the performance of their duties.
The compensation to the volunteers is applied according to the applicable guidelines of the tax authorities. The foundation has 1 Fte with permanent employment. The remuneration meets the legal requirements.
G. van den Berg
Chairman Portaal van Vlaanderen Foundation